Subject: [Leica] Philly Photo Show Snooze--but a Film Buy
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Mon Nov 6 07:57:53 2006

Dennis,

The irony is that I've found far more wonderful photo equipment since the
advent of the net.  For instance, virtually all my Leica equipment came from
fellow LUGgers in the various For Sale posts (and the stuff that's departed
left via the same conduit.)

Feebay gave me the opportunity to find things that I never saw in twenty
years of photo flea markets--Arco 8mm movie cameras, Bolex H8 reflexes
(never saw one at ANY photo show, and yet about two or three a week are
listed on Feebay.)  My $53 Leica slide projector?  Not the photo show!

It is perfect for finding little bits and pieces at close-out prices.  When
many of the independent photo stores were liquidating a few years ago, a ton
of things came out of the woodwork.  Now that's largely gone.

Best,
Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA