Subject: [Leica] M8 Problems #2 [and streaks]
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Mon Nov 6 07:07:48 2006

I agree with Didier, Tina.  It looks like camera motion to me.  I saw
the picture before you sent the message asking if it might be an M8
problem and thought you had been experimenting with motion effects.

The purple streak in the other shot looks like very heavy sensor
overload due to the intense light source at the left edge of the
image.  I have read the posts on Leica User Forum and 1, agree it's a
a problem that needs to be addressed, but 2, I wonder how often it
will occur in practice.  I took a couple of shots at Rockport with
the M8 at 1250 with bright incandescent lamps in the frame and find
nary a streak.  So at least for the situations I expect to be
shooting in most of the time it should not be a problem.

If you have to shoot alot around halogen or other intense
point-source lights it's a different matter, though.

The big question, I think, is whether or not it can be corrected in firmware.