Subject: [Leica] Opinions on flash gallery with Thumbnail views
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sun Nov 5 23:15:27 2006

Brian

It could be made not to suck. The main issue with flash is that it's mostly
impossible for a visitor to copy/paste a deeplink of a certain page or a
picture, as flash is loading it's pages under one url. However, this is
programmable since Flash does allow internal anchor links since a few years.
But programming flash anchors is more laborious than with html anchors or
pages. Many flash designers don't know about it, or don't know how to apply
it.

Being a pro flash designer myself, I usually do not use flash for
photogalleries. The exception is the portfolio of a pro photog which I'm
actually creating. This woman wants the pictures embedded in flash, for
better protection of copying (though you can still capture them with
screenshoots).

Didier

Message from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Opinions on flash gallery with Thumbnail views)
Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Opinions on flash gallery with Thumbnail views)