Subject: [Leica] OT: slide projector
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Fri Nov 3 05:10:29 2006

Gary wrote:

>>I went with the Proxima Pro AV 9310, a 40 pound behemoth that will be
permanently hidden in a projection booth above the hall closet. It
sold new in 2000 for $15,000. With shipping I got it for about $450
on eBay.  (Kinda' lets you know about the price curve on all things
digital.)<<

Quite a deal, especially if it came with extra bulbs. Bulbs for digital
projectors can run more than what you paid for the projector. When I had
to buy a replacement for a projector a while back I was astonished at
the cost. I asked why the price was so high. The tech murmured something
about critical color balance. It didn't really matter. The bulb was
proprietary and I didn't have an option.

daveR