Subject: [Leica] M8 & Depth of Field --BAH!
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Wed Nov 1 08:22:05 2006

In a message dated 11/1/2006 9:51:19 A.M. Central Standard Time,
leewaileong19@yahoo.com writes:

Such a  pity. Leica shooters bemoan the lack of DOF scales on autofocus SLR
lenses  because it gives them no way to do hyerfocal distance focusing on
the
sly...,  or to shoot landscapes with both foreground and background in
focus.

You should say "Some Leica shooters," though I don't recall hearing anyone
on this list bemoaning the lack, especially since neither M nor R Leicas are

AF.

I am a Leica shooter, and  I just wrote that I never use them.  I  also do
not do hyper focal distance focusing on the sly.

 I also note that while you seem to have a handle on how I should be  taking
pictures, you seem to have never posted anything but numbers and flashes
for
sale.

Do you photograph anything, or just play with calculators?

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana