Subject: [Leica] M8 and the Future
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Sun Oct 29 07:25:44 2006

Why do you think the M8 is high priced? It is in the same price class as the
Nikon D2x, Canon 1DmkII and half the price of the 1DsmkII, and they all seem
to be enjoying very good sales.  It may not have all the software functions
of these, but from my experience with the D200, I find I only use about 20%
of the features provided, and AF is a mixed bag asit almost never focusses
on what I want it to, or it goes into search mode at the wrong time.  I find
myself using my manual focus Nikkors for just about all of my Flyball dog
meet photos.  Which probably would equate to what is offered in the M8.
Personnaly I wish I had waited 4 months for the M8.

Gene