Subject: [Leica] heads up warning about WD 1TB drive
From: faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman)
Date: Sat Oct 28 11:38:29 2006

Great price - just make sure the internal drive is quality.
Nothing worse than a 500gb drive full of pictures after a head crash.

I have taken to doubling up everything.
Computer has 250gb internal 'workspace' which is mirrored to my external 1tb
drive
The external drive contains that mirror and my photo archive.

The external 1tb is copied to another 1tb each month
 (I keep that second drive at work and move it back and forth)

Sounds complex - but really isn't and this way everything is always doubled
somewhere.
I use Acronis Trueimage software to keep everything copied.
Nice interface - cheap and fast.

Eric