Subject: [Leica] LUG membership
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Oct 28 11:20:14 2006

If everybody would get off the silliness of constant comparison of
film/digital and realize that it's all photography merely recorded on a
different medium.

AND!!!  "The Essence of Photography" does not change because of one or the
other.

One is only as good as the person holding the camera and understanding
Photoshop and or how to expertly work in the darkroom!

Just get real everybody, if one likes film hey go for it and if one is
completely into digital do the same, simply because aren't we discussing and
showing photographs?

So we have a mish mash of cameras, lenses and vision why not just get it
through some folks heads both mediums are here for a very long time! After
all when the photographic process came on the scene some 150 or more years
ago it was predicted art painting would die! And? It never did and many
artists use photography to capture scenes so they can paint them at a more
appropriate time in their lives.

The bottom line is .... everyone ended up gaining as we'll see years from
now when film , although in a limited quantity is still around for those
wishing to use it.

I think it a travesty if this family were separated simply because the old
saying " United we stand, Divided we fall!" is quite appropriate in this
case!

It's photography for crying out loud! Live with it and enjoy what one person
does with digital and another person with film!

ted

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] LUG membership)
Message from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] LUG membership)
Message from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] LUG membership)