Subject: [Leica] M8 and the Future
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Thu Oct 26 18:31:46 2006

G Hopkinson writes in part:

> B.D., I follow your observations on this and would like to add
> some questions and comments.
> Where are the review images located that you have used to compare
> the high ISO performance?
> I have only read reviews thus far based on pre-production
> examples. Those reviewers, quite properly, have refrained from posting
> images, commenting that the firmware is not the commercial release.

Hoppy,

A quick check of recent Lug archives should bring up some reviews from List
members who have actually seen, handled, used an M8, and produced images
with it. Tom A., Henning and Howard C come to mind.

Henning, I believe, actually posted an on-line photo.

Although these three have posted their subjective opinions and impressions
there have not been a lot of publicly available image results to see for
yourself.

That said, I tend to believe that our on-List reviewers have posted their
opinions subsequent to actual usage... which is intellectually more honest
then uninformed, idle speculation.

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] M8 and the Future)