Subject: [Leica] How much for a Nocti?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Oct 26 06:52:26 2006

On 10/26/06 2:47 AM, "Didier Ludwig" <rangefinder@screengang.com> typed:

> The 1.2 Noct is a pure collector's item. And Schouten is in the same price
> region like the other one who sells the 43mm Pentax.
> D.

I saw someone using one in Germany in the LHSA bus a few weeks ago.
First time I saw one in person. Held it in my hand. And so on.
I recall some of us seemed to have talked our famous guest host speaker Jim
Marshall out of getting one at the LHSA meeting in San Antonio having read
all the test reports. We had ten good reasons why it was a bad move.
But the 1.2 Noct  has a few things going for it.

Its like a Summilux in steroids. Size wise.
Its not all that big.
Halfway perhaps between a Summilux and a regular modern f1 Noct.
Its  a gorgeous lens. Balances wonderfully and silky smooth.

>From a historical perceptive (which always affects my 2 point perceptive)
its the firth Leica or maybe ANY with an ASPH element in it.

It may not cost all that much in scheme of things they can be gotten for not
all that much more than a regular Noct. Maybe.

And just how bad is the image quality going to be? I'd just not charge extra
fro the "fingerprint".

The guy on the bus who was using one said when they f1 came out the camera
store had three f1.2's in there being sold for 500 bucks each!
Think if you scooped those up for a grand and a half.
You'd be living in a country mansion. With Charles Manson.

Maybe Mr. Marshall was smart enough to have just gone ahead and gotten one
anyway. Ignoring our "expert" optical advice.

Mark Rabiner

40?47'59.18"N
73?57'32.18"W

http://rabinergroup.com/