Subject: [Leica] Re:M8 and the Future
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Wed Oct 25 19:11:08 2006

Actually the M8 and any M are very pro built.  What is your evidence the M8
is not weather proofed?  I would bet it is just as weather proof as the 5D
or either of the R8 or R9 cameras.  I have yet to have any of my M or R
cameras succum to rain or heavy knocks.  My M6TTL took the same tumble down
a river embankment when I fell off a bridge onto rocks and other fun stuff.
There was no damage to the camera, which is more than I can say for me.  I'm
not usre the 5D or the D200 cameras could take the same beating.  I don't
own the 5D, but do own a D200.  The 1D series I'm sure would hold up, but
then they are considerly more money, and in the same or higher price reange
as the M8.

Gene