Subject: [Leica] Re:M8 and the Future
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Tue Oct 24 20:40:36 2006

Show me where Canon and Nikon's Professional equipment has gotten cheaper.
It's still over $4000 for a pro Nikon (okay so the D1x's were $5500) over
$7000 for the top of the line Canon - are you comparing a 5D body to a 1Ds
Mk II??? The pro lenses are also the same price they always have been or
higher. Nikon's 70-200 VR is $1700 replacing an 80-200 that was $1100. How
is a crap 75-300 lens great for low light performance? While I agree the 5D
image quality is outstanding, you cannot compare this assembly line camera
to a hand built camera. And I'm sure IF Leica could produce 100,000 M8's a
year the prices would be cheaper but that ain't happening.

I could be wrong but I do not think you can get a 5D + crap lens and get
$620 off.

Chris