Subject: [Leica] PAW 37 - After the races
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Oct 24 05:40:39 2006

Peter. I think that Jon already replied rather neatly, regarding a glamorous
brunette known to enjoy a glass of wine on occasion.
However, sometimes the arrival of the replies precedes the original, which
sort of confuses the thread.
Developing the theme a little further, in Australia, there is an annual
horse race event, known as the Melbourne Cup. For some
reason it has obtained mythical status and a cultural imperative to
participate, Danged if I can work it out. But a significant
number of otherwise sensible ladies spend a great deal on the RIGHT hat and
outfit, and attend various celebratory functions.
Occasionally they even actually see the result of the race. However, it
seems to be a quasi tradition to get trashed despite your
elegant outfit. Jon's image fitted right in with the theme.
Cheers
Hoppy