Subject: [Leica] qlflash advice
From: rolfe.tessem at gmail.com (Rolfe Tessem)
Date: Sun Oct 22 18:45:13 2006

On 10/22/06, Eric Korenman <faneuil@gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks - my metz 40mz3i communicates f stop to the flash in auto mode.
> I was wondering if the quantum flashes could do it as well.
>
> eric

Actually, it has been a while since I checked out Quantum's website
myself. It looks like the Qflash 5D does communicate in auto mode, but
only with some the newer QTTL adapters which, not surprisingly, are
for the most popular newer digital cameras. The R8/R9 only works with
the QF23, which is a relatively older straight TTL adapter in
Quantum's line. I'm not sure there is any advantage of auto mode over
TTL, and I've used my Qflash T2 a lot with the R8/R9 in TTL. I also
use it in manual mode with other cameras and it is a great unit. The
new ones are just a bit smaller than the older ones, but the flash
tube and reflector look the same.

--
Rolfe Tessem
rolfe.tessem@gmail.com