Subject: [Leica] Qustion
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Thu Oct 19 18:15:42 2006

I just picked up a mint D1H in the box for $499 from my local shop. I
think the going price today is about $700. Don't get too hung up on
mega-pixels. I dare anybody to see a difference in an 11X14 print
from it compared to my D2X.. All the D's will meter with AI lenses,
but never try a pre-AI lens on a body that doesn't have a flip up
aperture tab.   Before you have somebody convert your lens, try and
see a finished product they've done. Unless they have original Nikon
kits they'll be cutting metal and not all craftsmen are created
equal. I was lucky. Nikon converted 5 lenses for me in 1979.

Len