Subject: [Leica] guns, photography, and the american psychosis
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Thu Oct 19 14:18:39 2006

[snip]
Steve Sed:

>that Kyle, is a wonderful response... cogent, compelling, and
controlled...as well as being... I believe, truly honest.
>I respect you for this...as well as for keeping on with your project,
even though I have strong reservations about its meaning,
>significance, and the motives of the people (especially those of the
subjects) involved...

>I ask only for a free and autographed copy of the book... to thank me
for my help in promoting and selling it....

Now, the easiest way to have scored a free autographed copy would have
been to let me crash on your sofa on my way through phoenix :-) but as
it is, you can redeem one by picketing the local Barns 'n Noble when it
comes out and stirring up some controversy. Maybe a sign like "Kyle
Cassidy, rabble! Talentless Hack!" or "Down with Kyle Cassidy!" or
"Borders Books + Kyle Cassidy = EVIL!" -- something damning but
unspecific to get everybody talking. if I can get some nationwide
picketing going on, I just might be able to turn this into a best
seller. I want Terry Gross to ask me: "You're being picketed across the
country, but nobody can tell if it's by pro gun people or anti gun
people -- but usually by people with poor grammer. It seems that this
book is so controversial that everybody wants it banned. How do you feel
about that?"

It was pretty honest, except for the part about Parker Posey, I fibbed a
little there -- she actually dumped me.

Kc

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] guns, photography, and the american psychosis)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] guns, photography, and the american psychosis)