Subject: [Leica] Question
From: Bartphotog at aol.com (Bartphotog@aol.com)
Date: Thu Oct 19 10:09:14 2006

In a message dated 10/18/06 11:58:51 AM, photo.forrest@earthlink.net writes:

<< You'd have to get the D2x in order to have the function that you want.
The
D2h will work as well, but it's a bit slower in process since that lens will
work as a stop-down lens only.  I'm not sure about the lower end models, but
I think the D70 may also have some capability with that gorgeous piece of
glass. >>

The D70 and similar consumer-class Nikon DSLRs do not meter at all with
non-AF lenses (except the 45/2.8, which has the IC just like the AF's), even
manual
match-needle.  The D200, like the D2 cameras, will work with AI and later
lenses, at least in aperture-preferred AE.  I don't know if the D2's or D200
will
work with non-AI lenses, but I suspect they may do stop-down metering in
manual mode.  I expect you can check the specs on Nikon's website and settle
the
question.

Bart