Subject: [Leica] Re:Newest Kodak emulsions - Free Film
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Oct 18 18:37:45 2006

Ted, now you've gone and opened a sensitive old wound, that is the demise of
Kodachrome and Kodachrome processing down under. So
sad. I'll never forgive them. Still I'm now extremely impressed with the
wonderful Velvia 100F. I just dropped 12 rolls shot this
week in for processing. I think I shall be huddled over the lightbox for
some time to come. Then the scanning begins. I'm trying
very hard not to add up the purchase and processing costs, though. Then the
lab (who is also a Leica a la carte dealer) happened to
have M8 brochures available. Get thee behind me, Satan.
Did you ever get to a Commonwealth Games when they were held in Australia?
It's funny but within these Commonwealth countries'
contests we have a great like for the Canadians, but of course it is always
the greatest of pleasures to see England soundly
trounced in any sport. In fact that glee would be only exceeded by that from
the defeat of athletes from that big southern province
just below Canada ;-)

Cheers
Hoppy