Subject: [Leica] Newest Kodak emulsions - Free Film
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Oct 18 14:32:15 2006

The background is pretty obvious, Hoppy - Kodak, which used to own
photography, now has to give away film to try to hang on to its declining
film business. Speaking of which - has anyone else here experienced digital
dental x-raying? It was quite an amazing experience - and I'm sure is yet
another nail in Kodak's film coffin.

BTW - Kodak is not giving away a "new film emulsion" - It is giving away
samples of its "newest" film emulsions. And that's a big difference. (I
believe they have some "new" formulations of Portra films - at least that's
the only vaguely recent press release they have related to anything "new" in
film.)

Bottom line? It's called P.R.