Subject: [Leica] OT: Chili Recipe
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Wed Oct 11 13:56:03 2006

I make chili as follows:

-- strip a pound of sirloin steak or the like
(flank steak works rather well) of fat and cut it into 2" by 1/2" pieces
-- put a dab of oil (I tend to use Canola but
Peanut Oil will work) into a skillet, and brown the meat
-- take a collection of chili peppers (you can
mix and match depending on your love of hot food)
and gut the peppers.  Cube them into 1/4" pieces.
-- put the peppers into the skillet along with
the meat and continue to fry this up
-- take two or three fresh tomatoes and dice them
into 1/4" cubes.  Put into the skillet and reduce the heat
-- simmer for about twenty minutes or more

This recipe is infinitely variable.  You can
change the mix of peppers to make it mild or hot
or FIVE-ALARM hot.  You can vary the meat:  I
have even used cube steak, once on a dare.  You
can use a LOT of tomatoes or a few tomatoes.  I
personally would not insult the chili by adding
beans but you may do so if you wish.  You may use
ground beef if you wish but, if you do, be kind
and do not tell me of this -- and, then, use the
leanest ground beef you can buy, 92% or so.

And if you are still hungry the next day, the
remnants of this meal will serve as a grand starter for the next batch.

Simple, quick, and a great feed with some Negro
Medolo as a libation.  HIGHLY recommended!

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] OT: Chili Recipe)