Subject: [Leica] Re: Digital angst - shutter lag
From: harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Fri Oct 6 13:45:06 2006

Lawrence Zeitlin wrote:
> Still, the lag between pressing the trigger and my DSLR actually
> taking the picture made many of the shots unusable. In sports
> photography the key is anticipating the action and clicking the
> trigger just before the peak. But I defy anyone to predict the motion
> of an active three year old.
Larry,

What DSLR are you using?  On my 1DII and older 1D the shutter lag is
nil.  I have never had an issue with this.  Maybe on some lower end
DSLR's from a few years ago but I thought the newer cameras had pretty
much done away with that.

Personally I can't wait to get an M8, it looks like exactly what I have
been wanting for years.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography