Subject: [Leica] Eich bein ein Cologner - NOT!
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Mon Oct 2 06:08:56 2006

Nathan wrote:

>>- the Sigma point and shoot with the 28mm lens looked good but they
had only one prototype in a glass box, no brochures and no fondling;
they just said it would be available in January<<

Interesting how some companies announce a product well in advance while
others try and keep things under wraps as long as possible. I don't know
which is better. But it seems to me that if you announce something early
the actual product had better be something special. A drum roll -- or
blog roll today -- can only last for so long before it turns from
excitement to noise.

One danger is that consumers may generate unduly high expectations.
Nothing worse than a ho-hum reception....or worse a complete letdown.

daveR