Subject: [Leica] Re: Hawaii gallery (Philippe Orlent)
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Mon Oct 2 05:55:58 2006

On Oct 1, Philippe Orlent wrote: (regarding the Hawaii snaps at
http://www.pbase.com/bobsworld/hawaii_0906 )

> The open door is very moodful. The lava moon sheer magic.
> Thanks for showing,
> Philippe

Philippe -

Thanks for looking.  Y'know, I used to avoid ambiguously toney,
moody, or spooky kindof stuff on principle.  But now that I've
accepted my Inner Opportunist I figure if I can make a snap seem to
work in some way I just do it.

The lava moon seems promising to me - I need to continue to
investigate good noise-reduction procedures before that one gets
finalzed.  Actually, I did try the DxO software on the open door and
the rendering qualities of their noise-reduction algorithm seemed
good for that image.

Bob Palmieri