Subject: [Leica] Re: Wrong computer date
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sun Oct 1 16:57:03 2006

On Oct 1, 2006, at 5:18 PM, Phillipe wrote:

> Well, I indeed can sort those things out, but on the other hand, why
> would anybody leave their computer clock on the wrong time?

I don't know what excuse the rest of you have but a lot of trial and
beta software uses the system clock to tell how many days it has been
on your computer. If the software has a 30 trial period, it becomes
non-functional a month after you install it. By resetting your system
clock to an earlier date, you can fool the software to keep it
functioning. Well - it's really cheap but slightly more honest than
illegally copying software.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Re: Wrong computer date)
Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] Re: Wrong computer date)