Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 33, Issue 54
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sat Sep 30 17:28:11 2006

Peter,

Great car photos! I spent too much time in my youth involved with
sports cars and the pictures bring back nostalgic memories. My
favorite is the Morgan Three Wheeler. Most sports cars since the '50s
look very similar. All streamlined with hardly any character. But the
Morgan and the Alfa are unique.

>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/Cars/
>> MorganSuperAero200608.jpg.html

My next door neighbor in Wales had one and it was a ball to drive.
The three wheeler was originally designed to cheat the UK car taxes
because it could be classified as a motorcycle. I never had the
opportunity to drive one in the rain but my neighbor said it was
terminally unstable every time the cobblestones got wet. Morgan fans
complained that the rear wheel got caught in streetcar tracks and had
to follow the rails all the way to the terminal. Later models looked
more like a car with, I believe, an
Austin 7 engine.

Larry Z