Subject: [Leica] Salgado and Illy Coffee (For Philippe)
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Oct 1 14:35:32 2006

Not to beat a dead horse - ah, what the hell, they can't bite or kick ;-) -
but what major documentarian hasn't done commissioned work of one kind or
another? Good God, Eugene Richards has done ad campaigns for Nike and Levis,
Mary Ellen Mark regularly does commercial work, and on and on. And perhaps
I'm delusional at this point on a rainy Sunday, but wasn't Salgado an
economist with some sort of Latin America coffee growers cooperative or some
such?