Subject: [Leica] **BIG** boy's toys
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Sat Sep 30 07:03:16 2006

List,

knowing that there are a few people on the list who like REAL cars, I have
assembled this album from this year's Goodwood Revival...

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/Cars/

Details are below (if you aren't interested...)

1933 Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Monza - this one is also going to appear as my PAW.
There is something very special about these pre-war Alfas and Maseratis
which I
really like

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/Cars/Alfa8C2900Monza200609.jpg.html

1957 Aston Martin DBR2 driven by Jean-Marc Gounon. Started last on the grid
(29th)....finished 3rd, in a stunning drive probably the besyt of the
weekend.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/Cars/Gounon_sAston200608.jpg.html

GT40 Prototype (as in the original Ford proto and not the equally beautiful
Lola) two views, because ;-) Among the greatest sports prototypes of all
time?

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/Cars/GT40Prototype-1.jpg.html

imagine this in your rear-view mirrors!

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/Cars/GT40Prototype-2.jpg.html

1959 Maserati Tipo 61 "Birdcage" - specially for Arche!!. I don't think it's
the
same one though, Arche...

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/Cars/MaserBirdcage1959200608.jpg.html

'62 Merlyn Ford. I thought that this image was so "sixties" that I had to
take
it. Car goes like the proverbial....!

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/Cars/MerlynFord200608.jpg.html

JAP-engined Morgan Super Aero three-wheeler

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/Cars/MorganSuperAero200608.jpg.html

The Pacey Hassan Special. Noise and emissions regs - 1930s style!!

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/Cars/PaceyHassan200608.jpg.html

Phil Hill's race-winning Alfa 3000CM, driven by his son Derek to win The
Freddie
March Memorial Trophy

The Chaparaal 2F in which Phil Hill won the BOAC 500

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/Cars/PhilHillsChaparaal2F200608.jpg.html

The same as they were preparing to move it home. This time it doesn't have
it's
wing on!!

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/Cars/WinglessChaparaal2F200609.jpg.html

BTW check out the background..that's an Aston "Project Car" behind; a brace
of
Listers and a Mclaren Chevvy (I think) next to it.

I don't know what this is (it's a Kieft or similar) but I just took it
because I
liked it.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/PeterDzwig/Cars/Whatisit200608.jpg.html

Hope that you've enjoyed them.