Subject: [Leica] film vs. digital in my brain.
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Fri Sep 29 14:42:48 2006

Okay, I'm no high roller, big time photojournalist. I used work for a
little daily (10,000 circulation). Now I do an infrequent newsletter
of modest circulation (bimonthly/50,000 circulation).

I get good reception from the readers (viewers). They never tell me
they appreciate me being their eyes somewhere. What they enjoy and
mention is my perspective. They enjoy that I see things that they
don't on the same street they walk or at the same event they attended.

Journalists are NOT observational robots. We are artists who share
our perspectives with readers. If readers don't think we do better at
it than they, we have failed.

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/f/Passing-Fancies