Subject: [Leica] Leica has bought Sinar
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Mon Sep 25 10:08:18 2006

Here's the actual press release from 25.09.2006

Leica Camera AG, Solms, takes over 51% of the shares of Sinar AG,
Feuerthalen/Switzerland, from JENOPTIK Laser, Optik, SystemeGmbH, Jena
("JENOPTIK"). JENOPTIK and Leica Camera AG have signed corresponding
acquisition and transfer contracts on September 25, 2006.
Confidentiality was agreed concerning the transfer price.

The existing technical cooperation between JENOPTIK and Sinar AG
concerning digital camera backs will be continued.

Sinar AG serves professional photographers with leading solutions in
medium and large format cameras, both with analogue and digital
technology. Leica Camera AG will continue and develop the Sinar business
with the Sinar brand and company structure, based on the shared values
of excellence and innovation.

Both companies will benefit from synergies in technical collaboration as
well as marketing and sales. Leica Camera AG is confident that the
acquisition will bring positive developments for customers, employees as
well as shareholders of both companies. This is a first step on the
strategic path towards growing the business of Leica Camera AG.