Subject: [Leica] With my M3 and the 50
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Sep 24 18:51:01 2006

Thanks Jeffery. That issue of soft coatings/cleaning marks and haze is the
biggie, especially when buying sight unseen.
While of course it is possible to have things cleaned, it really changes the
end cost, naturally.
I might need to establish some likely costs there, before shopping.
Like many LUG and eBay folk, I dream of the proverbial mint example for next
to nothing.

The collapsible Summicron does appeal. I had the modern Elmar M and it
worked well, but traded it towards a lovely 28. I can get a
minty example of this one here for less than buying one of the originals and
having to pay for work on elements etc. Just doesn't
seem quite right on the 1954 M3;-)
Thanks for the info.
Cheers
Hoppy