Subject: [Leica] Some pics from downtown Chicago using "film"
From: clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss)
Date: Sat Sep 23 15:25:38 2006

Kodak Max 400. I can't remember why I bought it - I usually use Fuji.
The drugstore scans are usually fine for low res images
(1200x1800=2.2MP) for web posting. They fall down when cropping or
much enlargement is needed.
Makes the megapixel race so obviously dumb - most P&S shooters never
go beyond 4x6, but really need good low light performance.
They seem to add the scratches after they scan the film  - a
combination of very good anti-scratch technology and the trauma of the
cutting and packing process. My scans are incredibly dirty.