Subject: [Leica] Re: "the dynamic range of digital"
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Fri Sep 22 10:26:17 2006

Hi David - I don't think dynamic range is a holy grail in and of itself.
However, within any medium of expression, control of the variables to
achieve desired effects does the artist or craftsperson make.
Musicians practice scales and work on tonal quality. We, as
photographers, also have a scale of values, tones, hues, saturations
with which to communicate.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com