Subject: [Leica] OT (really off topic) RANT
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Thu Sep 21 13:33:25 2006

Copyright is not property rights, nor derives from property rights.

Not a matter of opinion. Go look it up.  Copyright infringement is,
of course, still illegal nonetheless. Not precisely "stealing" though.

BTW, I *do* support traditional copyright - of a limited duration and
confined strictly by fair use rights.

A few years ago, CSPAN had one of their little shows, where a
media industry lawyer was actually happily crowing about the
eventual end of public libraries. Scary people.

Scott