Subject: [Leica] Professional Leica Users?
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Thu Sep 21 13:06:51 2006

I read an article somewhere (on that big MF site? dunno), that
claimed that "serious amateurs" buy the vast majority of "pro gear,"
and that any economies of scale were due to these amateurs'
purchases.  I recall there was an estimation of the number of different
kinds of "pro photographers," and that their collective buying power
wouldn't account but for a month or two's worth of sales - and then
only if they bought new equipment every year.

I'm sick and cranky, but if anyone else knows of this article, feel
free to post a link for all to enjoy.

Scott

--
Pics @ http://www.adrenaline.com/snaps
Leica M6TTL, Bessa R, Nikon FM3a, Nikon D70, Rollei AFM35

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Professional Leica Users?)