Subject: [Leica] Slow M8 burst mode?
From: leica at dmason.net (Dave Mason)
Date: Mon Sep 18 07:45:03 2006

Nick Roberts <nickbroberts@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> I agree with John - surely the point about the M8 is that it's a
> digital M - looks like an M, handles like an M, takes M lenses -
> it's precisely that that's appealing about it to me. I thought Leica
> would bugger it up, to be honest - change the whole look, feel,
> ethos and character of the camera, but they appear not to have. I
> want one, and I didn't think I would - strikes me that it takes M
> usability on a step or two with the positives of digital ...

That's funny Nick, I am in the same mind - I didn't think I would want
one and now that I've seen the camera porn I do. It appears that they
got it right and I know that am going to love having real rangefinder
focusing and handling coupled with digital imaging.

I find the removable base-plate a bit humorous, but everything else
looks great to me so far.

Dave