Subject: [Leica] Slow M8 burst mode?
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Mon Sep 18 08:58:15 2006

At 10:00 AM -0400 9/18/06, Michael Volow wrote:
>In the DPreview preview of the Leica M8, I thought I remember
>reading that the continuous mode or burst mode is only 2 frames/sec.
>If true, this is dreadfully slow for an expensive camera. Even my
>old Digilux I gets 3-4 frames/sec in burst mode. If true, I hope
>that they will rethink this

Since I've never shot any M faster than 2fps, I'll be able to live
with that in the M8 should I get one. Single shot is what I'd use
anyway.

I believe, without any actual knowledge, that since the shooting
speed is tied to the shutter recocking, that the speed was kept low
in the interest of keeping the shutter/wind noise low. That's a
compromise I applaud.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design