Subject: [Leica] M8 and DR Summicron
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun Sep 17 23:12:55 2006

I read that the Dual Range Summicron is not compatible with the M8.  My
question:  Is it truly incompatible because it won't mount, or the double
cam will hit something inside the camera?  Or is it only incompatible in
the near range, but OK at one meter to infinity?

Epson listed the DR as incompatible with the R-D1, and from all reports, it
works fine in the "normal" range.  They probably called it incompatible
because the RF base is different, so the windows don't match the DR's
"eyes," thus it can't be used in the near range.

. . . just my contribution to the buzz.

--Peter