Subject: [Leica] was Friday flower..now war stories... and fire ants!
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Sep 17 18:17:01 2006

Bart,
I lived in Texas for about fifteen years and stepped on many a red ant
hill.  They are a little ansy and will start letting you know that you are a
home wrecker.  I remember one time I was doing a flower shot with a 15mm
with my head in a hill.  It took me a while to figure out where all the fire
was coming from.  A few minutes of brushing them out of my scalp and it hurt
for a couple of days.

What's the moral, if you have allergies or have unusual swellings when the
creatures bite, then you need to walk carefully through the plains.  For
some of us, it is merely unpleasant.  Others, life threatening.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com