Subject: [Leica] LUG monthly photography contest
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Sep 16 17:05:22 2006

Ric, this is a consideration. There are some recognisable images posted
already. Really though that doesn't mean that the judges
would be affected. I'm sure those august and learned folks are able to look
at each on its merits ;-) Besides it's not for a world
championship or for a million dollar prize. I think more to encourage
participation and feedback. Like a PAM. For the first month
Brian has kept it very simple just to get it off the ground and judge
interest and involvement. Themes ought to make it easier to
shoot something unique to the comp.

Self imposed limits:
Shoot something specifically for the comp each month.
Shoot something not containing elements recognisable as related to stuff you
have posted before.
If you want to get really devious, rip off someone else's signature style
and see if your work gets judged as theirs ;-) How are you
with levitating goth girls?

I think the first month's entries look great.
Especially one of them.

Cheers
Hoppy