Subject: [Leica] Tri Elmar M 16-18-21 mm F4 ASPH lens
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Sep 15 21:15:20 2006

And the quoted price for lens and universal wide angle finder is 3,500 Euro.
Actually when you read the spec more carefully, that finder will display 5
frames (all singly), being 16, 18, 21, 24 & 28. Since
there's no interface with the camera (except for a mounting foot) I guess
you need to remember which to select on the M7 etc or M8.

So for M8:
with the new Tri-Elmar you set 16, 18 or 21 but you actually get 21, 24 or
28 effectively.
If you fit the current 21 you'd need to set 28. For the 24, 28 and up you
use the camera's finder.

For the M7 and earlier, you can use 16, 18 or 21 as 16, 18, or 21
For the current 21, 24 and 28 you can set 21, 24, or 28
For 28 (.72 & lower) and up you can use the camera finder.

My brain hurts, I need to lie down now.

Cheers Hoppy
51 this year or 68 effective with crop factor.