Subject: [Leica] Re: Vegameatavitamin
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Sep 14 14:33:58 2006

Yeah, Larry.
What he said 8-b

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-bounces+hoppyman=bigpond.net.au@leica-users.org
Jeff Moore
Sent: Friday, 15 September 2006 01:56
To: Leica Users Group
Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Vegameatavitamin

2006-09-14-11:27:48 Lawrence Zeitlin:
> On Sep 13, 2006, at 8:18 PM, Hoppy wrote:
>
> >Who is this Lucy and what is a VEGAMEATAVITAMIN?
> >Not Xena we're talking about, is it?
[...]
> I have been clearly misinformed. I throught that the sun never set on
> reruns of "I Love Lucy."

It's impossible that anyone in the world (except perhaps for a few
semi-feral home-schooled children whose parents were convinced that
television is a "bad influence", and who therefore grew up poorly
socialized, doomed to a life drifting without any roots in shared
popular culture) could be unfamiliar with every hour of "I Love Lucy."
(I reject notions of oceans and nations and continents as sufficient to
stop the inevitable sharing of so important and powerful a cultural
artifact.)  Thus, the only possible conclusion is that Hoppy is
detail-oriented and was practising tough love with you, pretending
obtuseness because you scrambled the syllables of "Vitameatavegamin" --
which you, in turn, were clearly doing as an exercise in literary
license because you wished to create a stronger parallel with Vegemite.

  http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1788283