Subject: [Leica] Re: Video of M8
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Thu Sep 14 10:57:29 2006

Scott wrote:

>>Heavy post processing
duty can be a big drag and time suck.  I was talking to my buddy
at 1:00 AM last night. He shoots lots of artwork for galleries, and
he was goofing around endlessly trying to get the colors right.<<

Today with digital printing I really struggle with color management. And
it's not for lack of effort or investment.

The thing I struggle with most is consistency. I'll settle on a workflow
and all of a sudden, for no apparent reason, it doesn't work any more.
It comes as a shock because I've always found computers to be very
consistent, meaning if you put things in the same way things will come
out exactly the same way.

I'm to the point that I shy away from anything but out of the box stuff
that requires little or no tweaking.

I always found conventional color printing to be extremely easy. I don't
find that to be the case with digital. It's almost like now there are
too many variables.

daveR

Replies: Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] Re: Video of M8)