Subject: OT: Dealing with LE was: Re: [Leica] Leica Problems
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Thu Sep 14 05:29:11 2006

Sonny,

Good point. I attribute this to two things. First, for a few years
I worked roughly 1/2 time at a non-profit (that was different).
I spent most of the rest of my time wandering around the
city doing "street photography."  Newbie me, filled with tales
of daring do by Winogrand, etc.  So I "practiced" getting right
up in people's faces and shooting away. Plenty of conflicts
and complaints.

Second, I'm in Washington, which has two implications. The
place is littered with all sorts of different law enforcement folks.
Second, on the whole, citizens here in DC are really pretty
super duper uptight. Also, plenty of foreigners from "steal my soul"
cultures bitching and moaning at me. And on and on.

Big pain in my ass, so that's where I just developed a "screw
you" attitude. For me the "right side" is "my side" :-)

Maybe I got lucky, but by comparison, I found when I've been
in NYC, I could pretty much shoot at will and people would
just ignore me - what a joy!!!  :-)

Scott