Subject: [Leica] Video of M8
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Sep 13 13:55:49 2006

Hi, Gene - First, it's absolutely true that the M8, or any current camera
will - as long as it functions - produce images that are presumably as good
as those it produced the day you bought it. And if the purchaser continues
to be happy with that image quality, there's no need to replace the camera
before it dies. However keep in mind that every time a new generation of
film appeared, the images produced by that IIIf improved. What I'm saying is
that, like film, digital will be improving - but it will continue for a
while to do so at light speed continued to the rate at which film improved.
And before you sink a fortune into that M8, ask yourself if you'd be as
happy with the IIIf using only the film stock that was available when it was
introduced - assuming that everyone around you was using the films available
now.

Hey, I'm using the same 5 mgp DSLR I've been using since its introduction 3?
4? years ago. But my kind of shooting is quite different from that of allot
of folks here, and I essentially used one film - Tri-X at 800, and my
digital can still give me a very good approximation of that. :-)