Subject: [Leica] Images from the passing of a summer garden
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue Sep 12 18:46:30 2006

I like the way flowers fade away out in the garden.

Here are two shots of zinnias whose time has come and gone. The first
zinnias I've grown as an adult, actually.

As I worked with them I thought I'd try to keep Ted's injunction to
shoot from the shadow side firmly in mind. I think it works for
flowers as well as people.

<http://www.idea-processing.com/Images/_L3U4602-crp-shrp.jpg>

<http://www.idea-processing.com/Images/_L3U4586-crv-shrp.jpg>

Both shot with Canon 1Ds MKII, Leica 100 APO stopped way down,
illuminated in the studio with umbrella and a white reflector.

Comments on composition, etc, lighting, all greatly appreciated.

Adam

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Images from the passing of a summer garden)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Images from the passing of a summer garden)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Images from the passing of a summer garden)