Subject: [Leica] Re: Video of M8
From: clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss)
Date: Tue Sep 12 17:05:57 2006

on 9/12/2006 6:31 PM Eric Korenman said the following:
> So we've essential got DMR performance in an M body.
> Why is everyone so excited about the M8 but the DMR seems to generate
> sneers?

Why? I cannot answer for anybody else, but the reason that I am excited
(or at least interested) is that the ergonomics of the M-series is very
different from the ergonomics of a DSLR. The DMR is physically huge and
I would never consider using something of that size. The M8 also may
have very different ergonomics from other non-SLR digital cameras (apart
from  the Epson which seems to have quality problems from what I have
read on the groups).
I doubt that the M8 will deliver better quality than a Nikon D200 or
Canon equivalent - but it may enable me to take images that I would not
have taken with the D200. If its high ISO performance is OK, I will
probably get one, for ease of workflow. If not, I will buy a better
scanner for my M6, keep using the D200, and wait till next year.

--
Clive
http://www.clive.moss.net/blog/

Message from faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman) ([Leica] Re: Video of M8)