Subject: [Leica] Recent Photos
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Sep 12 16:08:05 2006

Jim, get yourself a dedicated film scanner (not a flatbed). A Nikon Coolscan
V is very good value, in my opinion. Of course there
are others. It will be invaluable for as long as you have 35mm originals.
You and your camera gear deserve it.
When you have a shot you are particularly happy with, there is no substitute
for the amount of care and control you have by doing it
yourself.
Scan carefully ,as you would work in a darkroom and then Photoshop is your
friend. A quick measure and arbitrary rotate cures the
leans. I don't know about others, but I find it much easier to end up a
degree or so off on my verticals now that I am shooting with
the Leica finder vs slrs before.

There are lots of work flow options and opinions, of course.

Cheers
Hoppy