Subject: Dealing with the Photo Blahs [was Re: [Leica] Catching Up]
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Tue Sep 12 07:23:17 2006

>On 9/11/06, Richard S. Taylor <r.s.taylor@comcast.net> wrote:
>>So "power through it" is the advice.  Anybody just take a week or two off?
>>

>To be honest ...

(snip)

>Take a break? Yeah, I did. We're older now with better wallets. Today,
>I'd go out and pick up a Canon p&s digital, a 1gb card and have fun.
>
>Daniel

Daniel - I took almost 20 years off myself starting around 1980.
Sold off my Nikon F3 and a bunch of lenses, my M2 and M4, and a
couple of older Pentaxes.  I'd just had enough of lugging all that
gear around and being only somewhat happy with the results.  I bought
an XA and used it for what Ted calls "happy snaps" of the family.
When I wanted to play around some I'd take a whole bunch of shots of
the same subject and do joiners from the 4x6's, a la David Hockney.
That satisfied me for a long time.

The urge to take part again arrived about six years ago.  I got out
the M3 which I'd kept, began taking more ambitious photos again and
found I was enjoying it.  Picked up an M6 a few years ago and then an
M7.  It's been fun to be back.  Simple's been the watchword, though.
I still don't own a DSLR.

The blahs will pass.  Sometimes it's just life getting in the way.
It's different when you're older, but not worse.  Go buy the Canon
(or a GRD - a current favorite of mine :-) ) and start filling up
that 1 GB card.  Fundamentally, I agree with the most common advice
in this thread:  ya gotta keep pushing that shutter button!

--
Regards,

Dick

Message from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) (Dealing with the Photo Blahs [was Re: [Leica] Catching Up])