Subject: [Leica] about time
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Mon Sep 11 18:53:33 2006

I know this to be true.  But I did it for myself AND because I'm a bit of a
luddite. I was a Navy combat photographer assigned to a Seabee battalion so
I took about 6000 digital photos while out there.  But I had to have a
record of my experience that was MY OWN, hence the two Leicas swinging
around my neck while I was in Fallujah.  There was a Stars & Stripes photog
out there who's backup camera was a Nikon F2.  I'm all about that old gear
working despite everything that we throw at it.
The Nikon digital I used (D2H) wouldn't turn on if it was over 115 degrees,
so some days all I shot with was a Leica.
Thank you, again.