Subject: [Leica] Marmite? an English mistake?
From: nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts)
Date: Mon Sep 11 14:08:55 2006

Marc, you're quite a few years behind the times - probably about 20, in this
case, or at least 15. It may still be true about the steak, but steak is a
lot more rare on menus these days in every sense of the word - it has been
passed in popularity by an awful lot of things.
Food is now hugely more important to us in the UK - certainly many of my
French work colleagues now take local sausages home with them, and many
actually look forward to eating here now - we have a much more eclectic mix.

There are many good things to eating in the US, but I have to say here and
now that if one were to judge the culinary performance of a nation on its
bacon, the poor old US would be bottom of the pile - never have I tasted
anything so awful as what is generally served up - tasteless crunchy garbage.

Nick